Saturday, December 31, 2011

White Orange Object With Bright Red Lights Running Around It Over Southeast Portland Oregon

 
Date:  December 31, 2011
Time:  Just after midnight.
 
Not a UFO follower, but found your site while doing a Google search after seeing the following this evening.

Walking from my backyard to my back door in SE Portland just barely after midnight, I saw what looked to be two conjoined lights, white/orange in the middle, with bright red rims (resembled a bicycle chain link in shape).
 
It moved slowly from SW to NE at a speed I took to be a plane, but it was much too bright and made no noise. I ran in to get my wife and a camera, but it was too far away and headed into cloud cover by the time I got back outside to take a decent picture or video.
 
At least my wife saw the lights and remarked at how odd they were.

The sighting was quite remarkable, in that the relative size of the lights was huge compared to what a normal aircraft would display.

Since I saw similar descriptions on your site, I thought I'd pass this along to you. I can't imagine we were the only people in town to see this, so will be tracking news, Facebook, Twitter, etc. to see who else might have seen this.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

Agonystes said...

I saw the exact same thing. At 12:01am PST I went outside to see/ hear all of the fireworks going off in the area. My wife and I saw approximately 10 Orange orbs of light traveling quite quickly. Since we are in the vicinity of PDX, I am use to the the speed of in bound and out bound planes. These were traveling way faster and were brighter then any planes I have ever seen in the night sky.They also seemed to travel low at first. We are in the Beaverton/Garden home area, and the lights came from the South East. They appeared over the horizon of trees, 2 at a time. They headed west, and disappeared into the upper atmosphere shortly after passing over our house. The last two of the lights traveled separately, and the last one was more red color to it and had an odd pulse. We thought they were missiles or Jets due to the speed, and trajectory, and because they finally went into the upper atmosphere. There was no sound, but friends say they heard an odd buzzing or humming when this happened. My wife was scared, due to it being exactly midnight 2012, and we had never seen anything like this. I'm glad we were not the only ones to witness this.