Friday, November 4, 2011

Large Glowing Orange Ball Of Light Over Juno Beach Florida

 
Date:  June 12, 2011
Time:  10:00 p.m.
 
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Round.
 
Full Description of Event/Sighting: About 10:00 p.m. on June 12, 2011, I went outside to walk the dog. It was partly cloudy. Looking to the northeast I saw a large glowing orange ball. The ball had no texture and made no sound. (If you put a silver dollar about 5 feet away from you, that was the approximate size when I first noticed it.)
 
I initially thought it was a commercial plane's landing lights coming through the clouds as we are on the approach path for Palm Beach International and about 12 miles away to the south west. But as I looked, it became obvious that this was not the case.
 
Typically those landing lights get brighter and more distinctive and eventually you can see and hear the plane. This light just hovered. I could not tell the distance as I could not really focus on it. Slowly the orange ball gradually started to became smaller. I called to my wife who was in back of the house to look to the northeast and she could see it as well.
 
We watched it over a 2 to 3 minute period gradually disappear. I had the sense that it was moving up and away from us. It did not seem to move quickly, but was gradually "drifting" to the northwest. It only covered about 2 or 3 degrees of arc during the whole time.
 
Towards the end it disappeared and then reappeared a few times, but always in the same spot. It finally disappeared. Sorry, I was so intrigued I did not think to take a picture. After observing, I maybe thought it might be a large balloon with some kind of light in it, but the little motion it did have was against the winds that night which were were out of the northeast.
 
I also thought it may be a rocket launch from Cape Kennedy, but from my location (and having seen several rocket launches from there both night and day) it was in the wrong location. Cape Kennedy is more north-northeast from my house. This object was a good 25 to 30 degrees further East. It seemed to be out over the Atlantic as I live only a couple of thousand feet from the ocean.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: