Monday, December 31, 2007

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania Stationary Object With Lights

Posted: December 31, 2007

Date: Approx: 2004 Time: Approx: 8:00 p.m.

Greetings, About 3 years ago, my brother and I were driving just above Mechanicsburg, PA on the Carlisle Pike approximately 8:00 p.m., when we saw some odd looking lights in the sky. He exclaimed, "What is that?" almost simultaneously with me. We were in heavy traffic and he had to turn (left onto route 114) so I rolled the window down and stuck my head out to see it. I laughed and told him, "Well it’s certainly not a plane, because it just parked." That is to say, the object with the lights which had been moving fairly quickly, was now stationary. He laughed too, because we’re becoming used to such sightings, and we continued on our way, as there was no place to pull over for a better look.

Visibility was low as we were driving through a lot of traffic on a densely populated road. No other vehicles seemed to notice it. I might add that my brother is extremely observant, and will pick up anything out of the ordinary (as well as the ordinary). Part of our reaction came from that ‘feeling’ one gets around such anomalies, which leads me to believe that there is an additional element to these sightings beyond the pure physical.

I think the ‘feeling’ element bears closer scrutiny. Thank You.

Additional Information:

Thanks for responding, it’s kind of fun to discuss things like this.

As to the month, I would guess October, but I wouldn’t want to be quoted on that. As to the noise, it was silent, although the amount of traffic around could easily have drowned out any subtle noise. If it were a normal plane we would have heard it clearly. As to the shape—this was one of the elements that caught our surprise; it was triangular (judging only from the lights which were all we could see) but an odd triangular... something that immediately strikes one’s attention.

I might also mention that there is a large Navy installation in Mechanicsburg (about as large as the town itself) from which we get odd ‘vibes’, if you’ll pardon me for the term.

Thank you to the witness for their report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. *The Vike Report Eyewitness UFO Radio Show*

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do. *Vike Report Radio Show Blog*

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: